So, just when you think things are going blissfully great Satan comes along and messes things up! He loves to taunt, confuse and create fear and doubt, doesn't he? That is why continual thanks is so important!!
Let me back up...
Last week was rough. After getting sassy with someone I love I realized I needed to pull the plank out of my own eye before I start "fixing" anyone else! The plank in my eye was fear. Fear is not of God and if it motivates our actions it is wrong. I think I blindly had a fear that if life and relationships are not perfect that they are bound to fall apart. My blind pursuit of perfection will always leave me disillusioned, defeated and disappointed.
But, the God of hope and freedom and our future never leaves us without revealing His love and good purpose. He called to mind two verses to guide and encourage me (side note...scripture memory is sooooooo important!).
Phil 2:12 "Not that I have already obtained all this or have already been made perfect, but I press to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it, but one thing I do. Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear."
So, how does love drive out fear? God reminded me that seeing and receiving His perfect love is what will change me and drive out fears. That is why seeing Him in all things and giving thanks is so important.
So, I resolve to keep counting my blessings. I recommit to seeing Him in all things and choosing to walk in the light of his love.
I was also challenged to give God thanks for the people in my life and let them know about it! I have decided to send a text a day for 365 days to Ryan telling him all the countless reasons I am so thankful that God placed him in my life.
This giving thanks stuff is really great!!
821. That You made a way out of fear with gratitude and love
822. Crafts with Zac
823. Jacob playing the harmonica
824. Rubbing Jacob's neck at bedtime.
825. Jacob asking, "Mommy will you snuggle with me."
826. Hallie's eye mask at bedtime
827. Ryan reading Hallie Shakespeare
828. Zac's hourly hugs and kisses.
829. Zac blowing a kiss before he bats at the baseball game
830. Hannah living with us.
831. Dreaming with my husband about our future
832. Holding my neighbor's baby
833. Excitement about Harmonicas in the mail
834. Relaxed moments
835. Bravery in our boy as he got his Kindergarten shots today