Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Monday, December 28, 2009
(new ipod is from her grandparents...she LOVES it!)
Posted by Ryan and Katie at 8:37 AM
Thursday, December 24, 2009
"The angel said, 'Today a savior has been born who is Christ the Lord!" Luke 2:11
Hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating Gpd's priceless gift of love!
Posted by Ryan and Katie at 10:56 AM
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
I had such a hard day with my kiddos yesterday. There are average days, bad days and then there are really bad days. I was left feeling tired, worn and questioning my strength and decisions. That exhaustion brought me back to God's Word. That exhaustion woke me early today, determined to commit this day to him and pleading with Him for strength and patience and wisdom.
Then, I "happened" upon this video. It just brought tears to my eyes. God is constantly birthing in me a heart in tune with His. This process, this refining through the Holy Spirit is not without pain and it is not meant to hurt me but to bless me.
The Labor of Love I daily take on as a mother to three children is just that, a LABOR. It is not going to always look and feel beautiful. But, I believe in Jesus' love for me and for them so I will press on, thanking Him for mercies that are new every morning.
Posted by Ryan and Katie at 7:56 AM
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
My husband got a truck a year ago. When he purchased it he was determined to make it a ministry. So when the first snow hit last year and this year he jumped in the truck with a tow rope and went out looking for people to rescue. He was disappointed one night when he was only able to help out one person stuck in the snow!
When he arrived home he started snow-blowing our driveway as well as the neighbors. It was bitter cold, but he was so happy to be serving our neighbors.
I watched him out the window and was filled with love just watching the man I love serve others so selflessly and willingly! He is a really great guy! So thankful for him!!
Posted by Ryan and Katie at 4:56 PM
Monday, December 14, 2009
171. Singing our memory verses at dinnertime and listening to the kids figure out what Peace and Hope are.
172. Cleaning out a cupboard and finding some fun snow day activities that were hidden away.
173. Watching Jake's little face as be concentrates on cutting.
174. Jim and Adrienne getting the call to fly to Korea to bring their baby girl home just in time for Christmas!
175. Watching how God softens a heart.
176. The sound of friends laughing and talking together.
177. Zac's smile when he is proud of his accomplishments.
178. Christmas traditions.
179. When Christmas traditions change.
180. Self control when I spilled foundation all over my clothes this morning. Thank you God for reminding me to hold my tongue.
Posted by Ryan and Katie at 4:04 PM
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Posted by Ryan and Katie at 2:04 PM
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Posted by Ryan and Katie at 8:15 PM
Monday, December 7, 2009
156. A quiet morning in my house so I can write down these thanks.
158. My sister's organization.
159. My brother's friendship.
160. The way my dad shows care and concern.
161. My mom's wisdom.
162. Freedom to worship Jesus.
163. A healthy church.
164. The honest conversations in our new small group. A safe place to share and discuss our faith questions.
165. A date with Hallie to see Annie this weekend. Sharing sweet, special moments with her.
166. The kiss my husband gave me last night when I got home in the midst of bed time routines and after a great, but busy day. Connecting, if even for one second.
167. New friends.
168. Old friends...Emily's phone call brought me such joy!
169. The first snowfall. It is beautiful. Reminds me of God's creativity and his love of beauty.
170. That I was born for this time and brought to live in this place. That I have the blessing of knowing God's love and His heart through the example of Christ and the indwelling of the Spirit (The OT Israelites did not have that).
I'm looking forward to this day at home and with my family. I hope you are too!
Posted by Ryan and Katie at 6:50 AM
Friday, December 4, 2009
Last night we are driving to church talking about how great it will be to celebrate Jesus' birthday. It was just Zac and I. He said we needed a big cake for the party and then with lots of excitement said, "Mommy, do we get to see Jesus at his party?"
What would your answer be?
Posted by Ryan and Katie at 3:59 PM