Saturday, May 14, 2011

The I'm Thankful for door...

I really believe that training our minds to focus on all that God gives is the key to joy! Being thankful transforms us, but like anything we have to practice giving thanks until it becomes our automatic response.


I was trying to think of a way to begin training my children to, "rejoice in the Lord always," and this is the idea the Lord gave me...

The, "I'm Thankful for...door"

My challenge is for the kids to find something new every day to give God thanks for and write it down. We often talk about it at dinner time, but anytime of the day we have post-it notes available for writing or drawing our thanks to God.

Here are some of our thanks...

Hallie...flowers on trees


Zachary...Mom
Ryan...my children, wife and dog
Hannah...music, worship and songs
Me...sunshiny days
Jacob...Jesus as the bridge to God (salvation)

1 comments:

Jennifer C said...

Love it Katie! You are an amazing mommy!!