Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Labor of Love


I had such a hard day with my kiddos yesterday. There are average days, bad days and then there are really bad days. I was left feeling tired, worn and questioning my strength and decisions. That exhaustion brought me back to God's Word. That exhaustion woke me early today, determined to commit this day to him and pleading with Him for strength and patience and wisdom.

Then, I "happened" upon this video. It just brought tears to my eyes. God is constantly birthing in me a heart in tune with His. This process, this refining through the Holy Spirit is not without pain and it is not meant to hurt me but to bless me.

The Labor of Love I daily take on as a mother to three children is just that, a LABOR. It is not going to always look and feel beautiful. But, I believe in Jesus' love for me and for them so I will press on, thanking Him for mercies that are new every morning.

0 comments: