Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Catching up...

...it has been too long since I have sat down and written my thanks to God. It's not that I neglect to thank Him, but I want to stay committed to documenting His goodness. It's good for my heart, mind and soul to be intentional about recognizing His abundant provision and the Lord's loving kindness...
537. Hallie told me she had the perfect idea for a mom/daughter date. She want to go running with me!! I am so thankful she has seen fitness in my life and so glad that it is something fun to do in her life.
538. Forever grateful for all the wonderful things about my husband, but in particular, last night we were playing a game of tag at the park. I can never outrun Ryan and he was after me. So, I start running as fast as I can while laughing and frustrated. The best part is when he catches me and plants a big kiss on my lips. Thankful for these happy, silly moments.
539. Blogs. Whoever God gave the idea to for blogs, I am grateful. Just yesterday I read about my friend, Jen having a fun day creating and talking with her friends and it inspired me to want to do the same. I get great ideas and get to stay connected with far away friends. Thank you God for unique ways to stay connected.
540. My brother's happy voice. Yesterday I listened to a voicemail from my brother, who recently moved. His voice was happy and it made me happy too. Thank you God for making us family and creating in me a heart that shares joy and pain with him.
541. My running friends. God, thank you for bringing such ambitious, kind, welcoming and motivating women into my life. I actually look forward to getting up at 5:10 a.m. to run and talk with these women.
542. Ryan's family. I adore his family. Thank you God for giving me so many people to love and that love me. Thank you that my kids LOVE their cousins. Watching the boys wrestle and the girls giggle blesses my heart.
543. Picking up my daughter from school when she's not feeling well. Lord, thank you for letting me be a mom and giving me the opportunity to spend time nurturing my kids and being at home. This task is not always easy, but I am grateful you entrusted me with the job and equip me with all I need and more!
544. Reading with Ryan. Again, I can't get over how full my heart with love for my husband. Lately, we are spending each night on the couch reading the Hunger Games trilogy out loud to one another. The books are good, but the company is great! I am so thankful for these dates!
545. The Holy Spirit prompting me to more scripture memory. I don't know when and if I will ever not have the Bible to freely and openly read, but the Lord has asked that I hide his Word in my heart. So, for His glory and with His help I am going to try and memorize Philippines.
God directed me HERE for a guide on how-to memorize scripture.

0 comments: