Monday, February 28, 2011

Bucket List

I recently returned from two amazing vacations. First we headed to the mountains of Colorado for a ski trip with my family and then Ryan and I met some friends in Cancun, Mexico for a tropical get-away.

While in Mexico I got to para sail and zip-line through the trees. Both of these adventures were on my bucket list of things I wanted to do. I made an interesting discovery after completing these wildly fun activities.

The activity itself was really not as exhilarating and fun as I thought it would be, but seeing God in the adventure was more than I could have imagined. He is in everything and a ride through the jungle upside down on a zip line is sometimes what it takes for me to open up my self-centered eyes and see Him in it all.

"It's not the gifts that fulfill, but the holiness of the space. The God in it." (Excerpt from Ann Voskamp's book, One thousand gifts.)

This is where I saw Him in Mexico...
716. A squeal of delight as I flew through the trees.
717. Bravery in my husband.
718. Laughter with friends.
719. The sound of blue water crashing against the shore
720. Billowing curtains
721. Toes in sand
722. The rush of calm and security when Ryan holds my hand.
723. Lively Mexican music
724. Scripture shared with friends in the morning
725. Jumping into refreshing water.
726. Reading a book in the hot sun
727. Feeling the sun, the massage, the sand, the breeze
728. Kisses from my favorite person
729. Endless blue stretching to the edge of forever from high in the sky.
730. Coming home to loud, busy children that I adore.

I could go on for days. God is truly in everything and my life is fuller and more peaceful when I acknowledge Him and take the time to thank Him.



1 comments:

Rose @ Walnut Acre said...

It sounds (and looks) like a wonderful trip. I'm a little scared of heights but these pictures make it look like a lot of fun.