Monday, February 14, 2011

God Is Love

"God is Love" 1 John 4:16


God is Love and when I begin to recognize His presence in all things I see His love for me breaking through my grouchy attitude, stressed schedule, irrational fears and selfish ambition. His love is screaming to me every day, all around me and in me and through me. I pray I would have open eyes to see Him more clearly every day. I pray that I would see His love and bask in the freedom that comes from knowing, because I know that I know that I am loved by my Creator eternally.

Glimpses of His love in the last few days and evidence of His presence...

705. Ryan's hand reaching out to touch my fingers as we lye reading in bed.
706. Stopping to watch a bull dozer with Zac while we walked.
707. A sloppy, wet bike ride with my family in February.
708. Opening the windows to fresh, clean air.
709. Sunshine, bright on my face after bitter cold.
710. Dust of the floor amplified in ugliness by the Sun shining on it. Sweeping it away and using this moment to teach my kiddos about how ugly sin is in the light of Him, but how we can shine when we are made clean by Jesus.
711. Anticipating vacation.
712. Holding Jacob's hand.
713. Hallie's 8 year old smile.
714. Zac's growing perseverance. He matched 53 pairs of socks for me today!!
715. Bible study with my friend. The challenge and encouragement from a trusted friend.


0 comments: