Monday, June 13, 2011

It's Camp Week

This morning I put all three of my kids on a bus to go to Camp Pokamoke for a day camp! They will go all five days this week from 7:45-4:50! I can't believe I sent Zac at five years old (I never would have sent Hallie or Jacob at that age) but he is such an adventurous kid and loves to do whatever his older siblings are doing so we sent him too. He will be in Jacob's group which gives me a little more peace about sending him.

So, that means I have the whole day to myself (yes, I planned it that way)! What to do? What to do? Believe it or not, I started by cleaning the first floor of my house. You might be thinking, "how foolish...why not get your nails done or go to the spa," but let me tell you having a clean house for more than 15 minutes makes me very happy! :)

Later today an interior decorator is coming by to give me some wisdom and what to do with the front two rooms in our house and if she gives me the green light the rest of the week without kids might involve some painting...we'll see!

That's our family update but now to more important things...how and where I saw Jesus this weekend and today.

So, so thankful for...

891. God placing me in relationship with hurting people. I feel their pain so deeply and I know my heart is becoming more like Christ's.
892. Hopeful prayers to a powerful God for my hurting friends.
893. Celebrating God's healing power in our physical bodies with two friends...Evan is tumor free and our friend Rich is tumor free and both give God ALL the glory!
894. Watching my hunk of a husband in a triathlon.
895. Our whole family going to the triathlon to cheer on dad, to Hallie's swim meet to cheer her on, to the boys' baseball games to cheer them on, to my running race to cheer me on. We love to be together and support each other.
896. Ryan's phone calls all day long.
897. Seeing an old friend at the baseball game.
898. The kids getting an overnight at Grammy and Grandpa's house.
899. Serving in the local church
900. Peach Iced Tea in summer.

0 comments: