Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Abundance

Today I am grateful for the extravagant abundance that God pours out to me and family every day.


#8 Reading God's Word at my kitchen table as my children still slumber sweetly.
Being refreshed and challenged by quiet moments with Him. Reading without fear that I might be imprisoned or killed for my faith.



#9 Clean, cold or hot water in seemingly endless supply pouring out of a faucet in my home. So many live without this luxury.



#10 A solid home with a roof that does not leak, beds and rooms for all my children and me, space to be with others or space to be alone.



#11 A safe neighborhood where my children can play away from trash and disease.




#12 A closet filled with shoes to protect my feet. Not only one pair but many, and they fit!



#13 A pantry filled with food. My family has never been hungry for days, or even a day.



#14 Fresh, clean air to breath.


Lord, I pray that I would never become so accustomed to this abundance that I would grumble about it not being enough or take it for granted.

1 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Wow, I had some catching up to do after my blogger break. Your posts are so true in that we often overlook our abundances and gifts! Glad Hallie's surgery went well and I enjoyed the photo from the ballgame!