Monday, July 20, 2009

Cucumbers


Last week we got to experience the harvest of two cucumbers from our garden. This was my first year attempting a garden after my kids pleading and prompting. They each got to pick out something to grow. We chose pumpkins, carrots, corn and some cucumbers as well. Being a novice with gardening I grossly underestimated the size of garden I would need to grow these vegetables and my ability to grow something. I was hoping for a little green to pop out of the ground but instead we got a garden that could feed our neighborhood! We are having so much fun watching God take small, lifeless seeds and grow them into towering stalks and twisting vines that produce food for us to eat.

#19 Thank you God that you create something new and beautiful, full of life from what was dead and ugly. Thank you that you can teach me what you have done in my life from a cucumber seed.

#20 Thank you Lord that you created food that when we plant a few small seeds we get a bounty of food and inside each bit of food is a seed to provide once again. Cucumbers remind me of your endless provision.

#21 Thank you Father for making something like a cucumber exciting because we took the time to plant it, wait patiently as yellow flowers budded and finally see and taste the end product. You take your time in growing me and my children and every part of the journey; the planting, watering, weeding is important in getting to the final product.

#22 Thank you Abba for the joy in watching my kids' faces as they tried and tasted our harvest.




Who knew a cucumber could be so spiritual?

0 comments: