Monday, November 30, 2009

Advent

This last weekend I was blessed to attend my childhood church with my parents. During the service they lit the first of the advent candles and talked about the HOPE we have in Christ. I was reminded of my childhood when our family went to the front of the church to light the candle. I remember the advent wreath we had in our home.

This tradition somehow seemed to fade away over time and a change in churches but this weekend reminded me of the purpose and intent of advent. This is a time of waiting with anticipation to celebrate our hope, our peace, our love, our joy, our JESUS! Without his birth we would not have those things.

So, today the boys and I set out on a mission to create an advent wreath. We used our creativity to decorate the wreath and at dinner tonight we learned about the hope we have in Christ.





We talked about what HOPE is, how Jesus is our HOPE, lit the HOPE candle, and learned our verse for the week (of course it was set to a tune :). . . "My HOPE is in you Lord." Psalm 25:21

I am so excited to, "fix our eyes on Jesus" as we anticipate celebrating his birthday!

0 comments: