Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Never a Dull Moment...


...with Zac around!

Sometimes I forget how funny he is because I get to be with him every day. Then, some stranger will laugh and smile at his antics and I am reminded how boring life would be without him around. Zac certainly is the spice in our life!

Two recent events, one dramatic and the other just funny.

Drama first...Last week Ryan and I headed over to a little lake and decided to walk around the path with the boys. Of course, in no time at all they were down by the water, picking up goose poop and scaring the ducks away. Staying on the path and leisuring walking was not an option for a 4 and 6 year old boys. I remember thinking how much I adore their curiosity. Well, curiosity turned into chaos when Zac was standing on a cement platform that extended out into the lake and threw a rock. The forward motion caused him to loose his balance and, you guessed it, he fell right in. Fortunately, he has loved the water this summer so he bobbed up to the surface quickly and started dogging-paddling his way to the edge. Ryan was there in no time and pulled him out of the water. His sweatpants, tennis shoes and hat were all soaking wet but not one tear of fear was shed. In fact, I think he was kind of proud of himself for how well he swam. Like I said above...never a dull moment!

Funny...last night we were headed to Hallie and Jacob's Open House at school. Zac was so excited to go and I couldn't figure out why. So, he got all dressed up in his favorite summer outfit (sweatpants, a 12 month muscle shirt that says "Where's the Beef" from 1985 and a doo-rag) to head over to school. On the way there he says, "I am so excited for the fun house!" We corrected him and said, "No, Zac. It is an Open House. You will have to be quiet and let Hallie and Jacob find there classrooms. You will need to be quiet." His smile turned upside down and he replies, "Dad, that is soooo lame."

2 comments:

Jennifer C said...

ha ha ha...that made me laugh so hard! What a cutie!! :)

Carrie said...

Love it!!!