Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Family

Two weekends ago some of my family from the East Coast came to NE for the Texas game (yuck!) and to spend time with us. What a complete delight it was to share our lives with them and have them share their lives with us. I love, love, love that God designed families. Why? Because I rarely see these people and don't often even talk with them, but without hesitation we hug when we meet and they sleep our beds and we share breakfasts and meaningful talks with one another. It's something special about the family bond that we share.



My heart was just overflowing with thankfulness to the Lord when they were here (and even now that they are gone) for...


526. Greeting each other with great big hugs

527. Sharing stories and experiences about healthcare with my uncle and cousin

528. Watching and uncle and seeing so much of my father. In awe of how God makes us unique and the similarities in us as well.

529. A morning run with my cousin.

530. Everyone making dinner together in my kitchen.

531. Good food and delighful conversation...thank you Lord for this pleasure

532. Rob reading to the boys

533. Hallie's admiration of Susanne

534. A walk through a NE forest.

535. My aunt's sincere interest in us and our lives.

536. An opportunity to share our faith, the most important thing to me, with our lives and our words.







0 comments: