Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hallie is Eight


Every year I take a picture of the kids with the stuffed animal they got when they were born or came home. Here is Hallie with her bunny.

Today my sweet daughter turned eight. We have spent much of the day reminiscing about what we were doing eight years ago. It has been fun to remember her birth but I must admit it also pulls on my heart strings. I can hardly believe how she has grown and changed over the past eight years.

This year we celebrated her birthday with a rock star theme, karaoke and a sleep over. She felt special and had a wonderful party.

I am forever thankful to God for...

636. Creating such a lovely girl and allowing me to be her mommy

637. Growing in her heart

638. Making me a mommy for the first time with Hallie

639. The pit in my stomach as I watch her grow because I love her so much

640. Her growing confidence in who You created her to be.

641. Listening to her sing

642. Watching her dance

643. That she ordered a doll for her birthday gift from Grammy this year

644. Her creativity

645. How she loves to be at home

646. The way she adores her girl cousins, the friendship she has with Brooke and Jillian

647. Her anticipation for Melia and her part in bringing about Melia's adoption

648. When I see her generous spirit


Hallie, you know this (because I tell you every night) but, I love you always and forever no matter what! You are so very dear to me and I am grateful God made you!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy happy birthday Hallie!! Sounds like a cool party!! I know you are so proud of her and the young lady she is becoming.