Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Life is good!

Yesterday I took Hallie and Jacob's daily paperwork out of their book bags. As I looked through math papers and spelling words I found two treasures...



618. So, so thankful that even though we have our family quarrels and bickering the general theme in my kids' lives is that they are loved by their parents and that they love their parents.

Today, I asked Zac, "What makes you happy?" His sweet reply filled my heart with thankfulness...
619. "Jesus and making smoothies with you."

Each Sunday of Advent we have been talking about something that Jesus brought to the world (peace, hope, joy and love). So, on our way to church we were...
620. Making up Jesus tunes...
and Zac says,
621. "Ya know mom. Hope, Peace, Love and Joy is God's power!" He couldn't be more right! I was bursting with thankfulness for the truth that is growing in Zac's heart.

And, yesterday my sweet, always thinking of something husband calls me from work...
622. We call each other at least 2 or 3 times every day...
and says,
623. "We should think up a really great candy/cookie recipe. We could try out all sorts of recipes until we get it right. Wouldn't that we fun?"
So, tonight we spent the evening...
624. Baking together. It makes me smile even writing about it!

Lord, your goodness to me to too good! I am so undeserving and yet you just pour out these gifts to me day after day! I love you, Jesus!

625.Thank you for coming to earth to bring peace, hope, joy and real love into my life every single day!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

So how were the cookies?

Ryan and Katie said...

They need a little work. But, that's the fun part, right?

Linds said...

IT just made my heart melt thinking of how your kids will always treasure those precious times! What a fun house:)