Tuesday, February 16, 2010

To Be Known

I missed my Valentine's Day post because we were in Colorado skiing with my family...more on that later!

I wanted to write about how much I adore my husband. A few weeks back I was singing at church as part of the Worship Team and Ryan was sitting in the congregation. After the service he blessed me with words that my heart, mind and soul will forever treasure.

He told me that I was beautiful and that he loved hearing my voice sing. Then, he said that as I was sitting on the stage between songs he looked at me and felt like he was looking at himself in the mirror. At first I did not understand exactly what he meant but he went on to explain that as he looked at my face it was like he knew it as well or better than his own. And, it went deeper than that. He knows everything about me, on the outside and the inside.

How life-giving it is to be fully known and still loved.

On days when I neglect to remember who I am in Christ...

I look in the mirror I see wrinkles forming, eyelids sagging, beauty fading...but he still calls me beautiful.

I hear a voice that is losing it's appeal...he hears a heart more in love with Jesus than ever before.

My dear husband knows me, sees my failure and chooses to love me like Christ, unconditionally. We are not a perfect couple, but I am so thankful that God gave me this man to love and to be loved by.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

God used Psalm 139 to illustrate this for me, as far as His affections for me...He FULLY knows, sees, and understands me. Praise Him for that when I don't or when I feel that others don't.