Wednesday, March 31, 2010

94 years

My grandma turned 94 yesterday.






Thankful for...

256. Her testimony of faith
257. Her faithful prayers for me and my family
258. Her coffee cake...she is going to teach Hallie and I how to make it just right in May.
259. Playing cards. The smile I get when she cheats and doesn't admit it!
260. Her smile, her laughter
261. Her nose...I got mine from her.
262. Her German. Listening to my heritage in prayers before we eat a meal together.
263. Memories of gardening, summer days spent with her and grandpa.
264. Her enduring love.
265. Her forgiveness.

Happy Birthday Grandma...I love you!

4 comments:

Nannie said...

Katie, While Grandma is great on email, I am not sure she is checking on blogs -- however, I'll be sure she sees this next time I visit her. What a nice honor for your Grandma. LAF, Mom

Anonymous said...

Jillian and Jacob could be brother and sister! WOW. I never really thought that before, but they look so much alike!

Miss you all,
Love you all....

37 days until I come home.

Ask your kids how many kisses they want tonight and tell them they are from me!

Nannie said...

Katie,
This was the most wonderful poem of what your Grandma has accomplished. Reading this made me feel joyful and that you took so much time that you presented something to me that shows how important I am to you. I love you and your whole family dearly.
Grandma and Gigi

Sher said...

So glad that you still have her!! Thanks for sharing how she's blessed you! Grandma's are the BEST!