Thursday, March 11, 2010

Adoption Moment

Most days go by without a mention about adoption in our house. It is certainly not in any way a taboo topic, but "adoption talk" is not a staple in our conversations. Yesterday, however Zac brought up a question that helped me to see inside his thoughts.

He said, "If we ever move to a new house will I be adopted again?"

I wasn't sure if he meant adopted by us again or if he would be adopted by a new family again but Ryan gave him a great answer.

Ryan said, "No, buddy. Adoption is forever. You will always be our son and you only get adopted once. Does that makes sense, buddy?"

To which Zac responsed, "Yeah, hey where is my ZhuZhu pet?" :)

Zac's adoption comment resonated in my own heart as well. Adoption is forever. I have been adopted into God's family for good! It feels so good to belong and be loved by a Father that will NEVER disown me or ask me to win His affection. It's a done deal.

"For God chose us to be adopted as His sons and daughters through Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 1:5

"For God so loved the world that he gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him will have eternal life." John 3:16

4 comments:

Linds said...

What a sweet moment and reminder for all of us! Thanks for sharing. Hope you are doing well and eveyone in your house is healthy again! Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Katie, this brought tears to my eyes. Adoption is forever...what a sweet, sweet promise from our Father.

Love you all and miss you!!! Give all of your amazing children big hugs and ask them how many kisses they want.

Unknown said...

Katie, that made me cry too! I like to think he doesn't even have it in his memory. He is so totally ours. I love that little boy so much!

Carrie said...

Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy your perspective on everyday moments and not so everyday moments with your children.