Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Sun is Shining

Today is such a wonderful day to give the Lord thanks! Not because life is perfect, but because He is working His perfection into the dust of this family. He is and will always be faithful to me despite what circumstances appear to be. Day by day He is giving me His eyes, eyes that see things unseen, eyes that see a hurting world instead of a world that is attacking and hurting me or the ones I love. He is reminding me I am small, He is big. Big enough to handle people and their choices with mercy and justice. I am trying to abide in Him through prayer to keep me on a righteous path. All the while keeping my eyes open to the needs of a hurting world so I can join Jesus. I am convinced He cares more about my heart's motives then my actions. So, I try with the Holy Spirit's help to, "keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith."

Thanks for...

241. a girl running home from school with her puppy

242. boys riding bikes and daring "pop-a-wheelies"

243. refreshing breeze blowing across my face. Jesus telling me He loves me

244. playing at the park

245. Ryan's phone call...every day he calls me

246. my daddy's heart of gold. Teaching me to never give up.

247. smiles as my boys snitch some dough

248. birds singing. A cardinal's bright red belly. The excitement it brings to Nebraskans who have been waiting through a long, cold winter.

249. singing songs of praise as I run.

250. Neighbors, friends, Christ-followers. The safety of those friendships, the blessing of that friendship for me and my kids.

I also give thanks for...

251. Hallie's art show. She took an amazing 8 week art class with Paige Anderson at the Just Be Free Art School. There she learned about the fruit of the Spirit and put her ideas about this into beautiful art. What a joy to have her share this with us.

252. Friends that share our faith and little girls sharing their faith. Learning about Jesus.

253. A woman of God teaching my girl how to express her love for Jesus through art.





254. My little boy's passion for sports. Confident God will use athletics to mold and shape him into a man of God!

255. Watching him shoot hoops, dribble, jump stop, pass. Marveling in the amazing body and talents the Lord has blessed Jacob with.


1 comments:

Carrie said...

I always enjoy your thankful posts.