Sunday, June 13, 2010

No Matter What...

...give thanks!

Today was one of those days. Not terrible, not life altering just one of those days when you take a deep breath after all the kids are in bed (and then one comes down to tell you that can't sleep because it's too bright outside).

I am one that can let my emotions get the best of me if I am not careful. Today is when the discipline of giving thanks redirects my thoughts and keeps my eyes focused on the Author of my faith and not the daily grind. (As I listen to the boys thumping something against the wall in their room when they are supposed to be sleeping).

So, I give thanks for...

367. Healthy children.

368. Riding bikes together as a family.
369. Corporate worship, singing praise to the Father.
370. Dandelion bouquets from my little sweetheart.
371. Watching Daddy teach the boys.

372. Dirty, grimy summer feet.

373. The thrill of loosing yet another tooth.
374. Summer baseball games.
375. Laughing with my middle on the couch, just the two of us laughing so hard our sides hurt.
376. Hallie remembering her brothers and bringing them a treat.
377. A Sunday afternoon drive in the rain.
378. When the kids say "please" and "thank you" without being asked.
379. A quiet evening.
380. Reading, talking on the front porch swing (that is where I am going next.)
381. My beautiful ballerina. Her super smile on stage.


382. Hallie and Jake confidently playing piano and introducing themselves at their piano recital.


383. Grandparents who choose to be involved and present in our lives and our children's lives'.



384. Looking at the garden growing each day. Green tomatoes on the vine.
385. Color. All the beautiful colors in nature that reflect a touch of God's glory, creativity and beauty.


Lord, it is good to give thanks!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

As always a wonderful list! Loved the dirty feet picture! And Hallie looks stunning!