Tuesday, June 1, 2010

She's growing up

Hallie and I had so much fun this past weekend. We enjoyed many moments together and it was a blessing to teach her, laugh with her and love her one on one.

A few stories that make me smile and stirred my heart to give thanks once again to the One who makes all these moments possible...

361. Hallie and I thought we should practice her hair and make-up for her upcoming dance recital this weekend. She usually does not like to curl her hair, so this was a major treat for me!! She was so beautiful with curls and then later with a ballet bun! The best part was the half hour we got to spend talking and "being girls."

362. Next we did make-up. She even let me put mascara on. She was a little leary about it hurting her eyes, but when it did not hurt she turned and looked in the mirror and said, "Oh, mom I like that! It makes my eyes look pretty!" The next day she woke up and asked, "Mom, can I wear mascara today?" My reply was, "absolutely not!" (but I totally understand where she is coming from!).

363. After putting on her costumes she went in to get her daddy's approval. He was wonderful in telling her how beautiful she was. She just glowed and showed us some dance moves in her ballet outfit. Then, we got to talk about how God made girls to love beauty. I just love these memories!




364. Next day I was getting ready to mop the kitchen floor and Hallie asks if she can help. OF COURSE! So, she and I mop the floor together and I got to show her how to get all the little nooks and crannies. In the middle of it she says, "Mom, this is so much fun! Maybe you could give me chores like this to do all summer? I think it would be a lot of fun!" She doesn't have to ask twice!

365. Finally, we headed to the kitchen to make a pasta salad for dinner. My lovely daughter wanted to do it all! So, together I taught her to cook the noodles on the stove, chop the vegetables, mix it all together, and cover it with saran wrap. We had such a delightful time together!

366. During our cleaning and cooking I was able to talk to her about how wonderful it is to be a homemaker and how someday she will bless her husband and kids with a peaceful, clean home and yummy foods to eat. It is such a joy to share the heart of a woman, made in the image of God with my growing girl!

1 comments:

Jennifer C said...

You are so awesome at being intentional with your kids. You are a wonderful example of that to me. Love you!! :)