Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New Picture!!



Yesterday our adoption agency sent us an updated picture of our precious little girl. Look at her! She is walking all by herself now and lives with a family that has three other children. She is the youngest of the four, just like she will be when she gets home.

Right now we are waiting for this pesky piece of paperwork from China called the LOA (Letter of Acceptance). My hope is that we will have the LOA by my birthday in late September. Once we get that we file an I-800 form with the US government. I hope that will take less than 4 weeks to get back. Then, we send a letter to China for travel approval (4 weeks) and then we get issued a travel date (3-6weeks later). I think that puts us in late December at the earliest and maybe into next year for travel. I really, really, really hope God's plan is for her to be with us before the end of the year. But, no matter what, all is grace and I am thankful today for her picture. They even reported to us that she can say mama and baba (dada in Chinese) and looks at our photo album almost every day!

~thankful for her little fingers
~thankful for her toddling walk
~thankful for a clean home for her to live in
~thankful she has warm clothes to wear
~thankful she is known and loved by her Heavenly Father
~thankful that her brothers and sister pray for her
~thankful for grandparents that share our joy over a new picture
~thankful for friends who delight to hear our updates

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Look at that big girl!! I know you can't wait to get your hands on her!!! I'm still reading your blog too!!! I just love your thankful lists!