Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back To School

The Third Grader
The Kindergartener
The First Grader

August 10th and we are back to school in Millard! The summer was absolutely wonderful with the kids and I am sad to see it come to a end. BUT, I am also excited to see what unfolds this next year with all three of my big kids in school!


Yesterday, the boys and I went to the park one last time and my heart hurt a little thinking about not having them at home today. But, at the same time I gave thanks that God was giving me another daughter to love and care for at home in just a few short months (I hope).

Last night we had our back to school dinner inspired by my dear friend, Jen in Texas.


We had three-cheese stuffed pasta, broccoli and carrots, strawberries and sparkling grape juice! We set goals for the year, worked on memorizing our verse for the year (Psalm 121:8), wrote prayers out for our teachers and then daddy prayed over each child and gave a toast. Simple and wonderful!



After dinner, Grammy and Grandpa joined us for ice cream sundaes to wish the kids well on their first day of school.


This morning I woke to happy, excited children and everyone was ready to head out the door on time at 8:00. Each of the kids had a great day and is eager to go back to school tomorrow. I am so thankful!


976. Trips to the park on scooters
977. Best friends
978. Zac's confidence in meeting a new friend as he waited in line to go into school
979. No tears, all joy!
980. Phone calls to grandparents
981. Jacob's happiness about being calendar helper next week
982. Brushing Hallie's beautiful, golden hair before school
983. Daddy making eggs for breakfast
984. Thoughtful prayers for the kids teachers from the kids' hearts...patience, peace and health
985. Singing our memory verse at the table together.
986. Eating ice cream with Grammy and Grandpa
987. Talking to my mom, uninterrupted, while the kids were at school.
988. My mom's inspirational ideas
989. Friends calling to see how the lone mommy was doing...just fine!
990. Excitement about tomorrow.

0 comments: