Saturday, November 22, 2008

Covering My Children in Prayer

This idea was inspired by http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2008/11/7x7. I decided to find verses to pray for my kids each day. My goal is to pray this scripture out loud, over them each day as they are getting ready to start their day and each night before they close their eyes to go to sleep. I believe in God and His promises so completely that I want my children to hear his truth and be blessed by it. My hope is that in doing this I will see God working in their lives more clearly and they might begin to recognize Him too.


Morning prayer taken from Psalm 143:8-10

Lord, let this morning bring ________ word of your unfailing love. I pray she/he will put her/his trust in you. Show her/him the way he/she should go. Rescue her/him from her/his enemies, Lord and teach her/him to do Your will.

Evening prayer taken from Psalm 4:8

Lord, I pray that _________ will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make her/him dwell in safety.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

What wonderful encouragement to your kids! We pray every night FOR our kids, but after they've been in bed sleeping for a long time, and of course at dinner time WITH them. It has never occurred to me to pray OVER them, for them to HEAR our prayers for the day for them. That is something that I definitely need to add to our daily routine (Especially since we're trying to find new ways to share God's word with them.) Thanks for sharing!

Sher said...

Like your new blog Katie. I too saw this idea and think it is awesome. So far I have just been copying her prayers but you have inspired me to come up with my own.