Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Moments

Today was great! Not perfect, but great! I managed to stop auto-pilot mothering long enough to catch some sweet moments of my children.

As we were walking home from school I watched my 3, 4 and 5 year olds strolling down the path enjoying the day and each other.

We started to put up Christmas decorations and found the box with all our Christmas books. This is Zac's first Christmas at home and he found our favorite children's book about the birth of Jesus right away. I got to watch him turn the pages and delight in the pictures and sounds the book makes.

Jacob helped me put up some outside lights today. I got to witness the most beautiful, delighted grin on his face when we turned the lights on tonight.

Watching Jacob proudly singing his songs at his preschool's Thanksgiving Feast.

Jacob singing, "God is Love, God is Love..." under his breath at the playground today.

Walking in to find Hallie had put her Precious Moments Nativity scene up in her room. All the animals and people were facing baby Jesus, not facing out for her to see them. Is that perfect or what?

As I approach Thanksgiving I am overwhelmed by God's tender mercies and abundant gifts to me. My salvation was more than I could even have asked for and yet his love is so deep that he lavishes moments like these on me every day. I saw Him working and present today in my life and I am grateful!

"Give Thanks to the Lord, for He is good!" Jeremiah 33:11

1 comments:

Carrie said...

God is SO good!!