Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks

I can't let this weekend pass without expressing thanks to God for...


...His unfailing, gentle love that teaches and guides me daily.
...the husband that He gave me.  A man that pursues God with passion, leads our family with integrity and prayer and lets me know he loves me every single day.
...the children God has blessed me with.  Hallie, Jacob and Zachary are miraculous gifts from my merciful and loving heavenly Father.
...my parents that never cease to be some of my biggest fans.  They are always encouraging and loving me with their generosity and servant hearts.
...my big brother.  His honesty, time, friendship and his protection and love for my kids is one of the greatest gifts this year has brought me.
...my beautiful sister and her family. That I could be with them to welcome God's amazing gift of a new son into their family is a treasured memory for me.
...for my good, good friends.  Distance has not changed the bond that ties us together in Christ.  I will forever be grateful to God for answering my prayers for these precious friends.
...each breath, each moment, each day that he mercifully sustains my life for his good purposes.  That He uses my mistakes and works them into His plans for good purposes.

"for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."  Philippians 2:13 

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28