Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Where are we going?

The main purpose of this blog is for me to have a place to journal how I see Jesus in my daily life as a mother. Today, my kids reminded me of something beautiful.

Children are so trusting. When I say, "Let's hop in the car guys we're leaving." They sometimes ask where we are going, but never hesitate to go right along. It might mean a mundane trip to the grocery store with a surprise treat when we get there, a trip to the park or we might be headed to church for a music rehearsal. Wherever we are going the kids know they need to obey and get in the car. They don't even understand how we, as the grown-ups, know how to get from point A to point B. The streets seem so confusing, but they trust that we will get there safely and on time.

This is the child like faith I need in my daily walk with Christ. He is unpredictable, but always faithful and definitely worth trusting. I may not understand where we are going or how He is going to get me there, but I certainly need to let Him take me along for the ride instead of trying to be the one in charge.

I have a song that explains the concept even better than I can. Does anyone know how I can add a song to this blog from my itunes?



1 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Thank you for this reminder. We are still waiting for our house that we owned prior to building in 2006 to sale. This along with my desires to begin a second adoption make me impatient at times, but I know I must trust in God's plan and his timing for all things!!