Thursday, June 11, 2009

1000 Gifts

I have contemplated starting this list for quite sometime. I first read about 1000 gifts of thanks HERE. I decided to do this in my mind, but as we all know writing something down and committing publicly to do it helps to make it happen.

This blog started with a hope to See Him and Know Him as I walk through my daily routines of life. Numbering the gifts is an extension of that aim. I don't intend to just journal the thanks. I will also continue writing about struggles and joys, tears and smiles. But, jotting down my thanks will weave in and out of my musings.

So, today I commit to not just remembering and thanking God for boundless, endless, moment by moment gifts in my mind but writing them down as well.

#1 My mom ALWAYS has time to talk to me. At night, she often will answer my phone call from a deep sleep with a cheerful voice trying to hide her recent slumber. Then, she listens and councils, laughs and encourages as long as I need her. She is ALWAYS available when I need her.

#2 A walk and a talk with my best friend and husband.

3 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

I agree that having a mother that is there for you at all hours and in all crisis is one of the most important gifts we can each have or give. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer C said...

This is great Katie...such a good way to gain some perspective on how blessed we are.:)

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful blog. Giving thanks is top priority for me, so I understand your need to do this.

Nice To Meet You!