Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thoughts...

...Praising God for Hallie's surgery going so well. Yesterday Hallie had her tonsils removed by one of our doctor friends. She handled anesthesia well and has had minimal amounts of pain yesterday and today.



...Thankful for a date with Ryan and Hallie to the CWS. We saw six homeruns and Ryan caught a foul ball. Does baseball get any better?



...Every mom needs to get the book, "Parenting is your highest calling...and eight other myths that trap us in worry and guilt." This book offers biblical insight into the role a parent plays in the life of their child and discerns the differing and more important role of God in the life of a child. I found the book liberating and invaluable. If you are going to be a mom, in the midst of parenting young kids at home or if all your kids are out of the house but you still suffer from any amount of worry or guilt this book is for you!

#6 I'm thankful for the power of the Living God to transform my thoughts.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

So glad Hallie's surgery went well.

Maria said...

Welcome to the Gratitude Community~
I have begun to count as well ... I am feeling a shift in my awareness of all that is a gift in my life!
*Some surprises along the way of unexpected gifts*
Blessings ~Maria