Sunday, October 25, 2009

Every common bush ablaze with God

The autumn colors are alive in Nebraska right now. The tree in my backyard is bursting with brillant red leaves. This change, this dying only lasts a short time. As I was staring at this lone maple in my backyard I began to see a tree inside the tree.

A tree that held my Lord as He died. The red leaves slowly falling to the ground like His blood.
The blood pooled at the bottom of the cross like the leaves we pile to jump into. The blood I am bathed in and makes me clean.

The dying, His dying didn't last long though. This beautiful tree will, in a short time look lifeless and dead, but there is life waiting for Spring to show itself.

I am so thankful that He has opened my eyes to see Him in nature, in my backyard. Thank you Jesus. I love you.

0 comments: