Friday, October 9, 2009

Staying Connected

As my children are getting a little older (almost 4, 5 and 6) I can begin to see how easily it would be to become disconnected from by husband. Busy days, schedules, activities, financial pressures, obligations...all push into the time that was once reserved for connecting with my best friend, my love.

But, the recognition of this dilemma prompts me to grow ever more vigilent about not losing our connection. Our relationship, our love is the most important human relationship I have.

So, this morning he drove me to work, we talked over a quick Starbucks, we kissed before I got out of the car. We connected. It wasn't a day together, but it was a moment to connect, to show and receive love.

For more inspiration on how to preserve the love in your marriage go HERE. If you have any great dating ideas for couples with young kids please post them!

Ecclesiates 4:12 "...for a cord of three strands is not easily broken."

0 comments: