Sunday, January 3, 2010

Giving thanks for Hannah

Over the last two years we have been blessed with THE BEST nanny in the world. She walked into our home at just the right time over two years ago and has been a constant in our lives and the lives of my children ever since. Just yesterday we celebrated Hannah with a party at our house. She is moving to Arkansas to bless others and share her gifts and talents with a new group of fortunate souls that will likely become part of her family and fall in love with her just as much as we have.

I have endless things to be thankful for, but this entry is dedicated to Hannah. Lord, thank you for Hannah because...

181. She has taught me courage. She does not listen to man, but confidently chooses to obey You and be blessed by Your promises. Over a year ago she felt called to change her name and did it!

182. She fills our home with worship. I see how God can change a timid, shy and reserved girl into a confident woman. Often times I will come home and open the door to hear her singing songs of praise and playing beautiful music on the piano. Her music is peaceful, powerful and invites God's presence into our home.

183. She knows how to play with my kids and love, love, love them. Just last night my kids all giggled as she read them six stories and gave them sweet little kisses before they went to bed. She can make my kids laugh like no one else can and has a precious, special place in each of their hearts.

184. She teaches my kids about Jesus. On the days when I was away at work, I knew she was filling their minds with the truth about Jesus in day to day activities. She came along side Ryan and I in teaching and guiding our kids in truth.

185. She radiates God's love with her optimism, her smile, her curly hair and even her tears. Without even uttering a word (which is a rare thing indeed) Hannah displays the beauty of the Lord in her character and behavior.

I think you see how she has blessed us. I could go on and on and on but Zac just woke up and needs a snuggle from mom. So, I will end by saying...thank you God for the people, like Hannah that come in and out of our lives, but that will never leave our hearts.





0 comments: