Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Psalm 19 - Part One

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.

3 There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard. a]">[a]

4 Their voice b]">[b] goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,

5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.

6 It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat. (Psalm 19:1-6)


I love, love, love this Psalm. It is so full of hope for the world. His creation shouts to a lost world, I AM, I am here, I made this beauty for you, it declares that I am alive, I will sustain you. I think about my immediate family that lives far away and near by. Not all of them know salvation through Christ, but I know that day after day He is making Himself known to them. His mercy to us is so great, beyond words...

I also see His love of beauty in this Psalm. Creation demonstrates God's creativity, His love of beauty. Lately, I have been challenged to bring that beauty into my home. I know God can see beauty in something our eyes see as ugly, but I also can see how he loves beauty when you look at the Rocky Mountains, a rainbow, the frost on NE trees. I want my family to experience little bits of that beauty in my home.

How, you ask? How about clean counters, fresh fruit on those counters, a few flowers on the table, a real green plant, setting the table and using the glass bowls instead of the plastic. Do you have any other ideas? Little things, not big expensive projects, just bits of beauty to remind me and my family of the Lord's beauty.







1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i had a real green plant.

oh, wait.....

shoot.