Monday, January 11, 2010

He hears the cry of my heart

As many of you know from a previous post, we recently had to send off our nanny of two years. She moved to Arkansas and we are forever grateful for the time and love she gave to our family and our kids.



She was such a fixture in our family that losing her has been hard. I have wondered what we should do about childcare. Should I quit my job (two days a week), should we go to a childcare center, should I try and find someone that can consistantly be here or look for someone each week, even if that person changes.



My mind has been pretty consumed with what to do. Certainly I have prayed about it, but even more than audible prayer has been the constant cry of my heart for the best situation for me and the kids. I know full well that the best situation looks different for each family, so I wanted God's best for us.



Well, praise God! He has answered my heart's cry! We have a wonderful arrangement that I feel so at peace with.



What I learned from all this is that David's prayers in the Psalms to hear his cry, his sighing, his tears are all ways that we can communicate with God. He doesn't just hear and answer me when I formally put together a prayer that begins, "Dear God," and ends with "Amen." He is listening and answering when my heart cries out too.


So thankful for...
186. A new babysitter...God working it all out.
187. Three siblings searching for icicles in the backyard for 45 minutes today.
188. The icicle island they made for me.
189. The boys being wonderful hosts for their friends.
190. Manners being used at the table so beautifully.
191. A chat with an old friend...sharing hopes with each other over coffee.
192. Little girls giggling together.
193. Hallie's love of art...a masterpiece made describing God's love.
194. My mom and dad's safe journey to NZ and back. Listening to their adventures.
195. How uniquely individual all my kids are...seeing their individuality in the kinds of toys they play with, how they play and their choices.
196. The laundry game. It is not only productive, but fun! (I will have to explain this one sometime).
197. The way the boys don't try to get away when I tickle them.
198. My new friend, Darcie
199. Watching Ryan become his very best...he includes me, shares with me his thoughts, dreams, ideas.
200. A happy day.

0 comments: