Monday, May 3, 2010

A lot of happy memories being made around here!

I'm giving thanks with a grateful heart because this past week and half has been filled with wonderful family memories.

First, we went to North Platte, NE for the kids to do a triathlon and spend the weekend in my hometown with my wonderful folks.

310. Doing a triathlon with all my kids.
311. Making fitness a priority in our family.
312. Watching Hallie smile as she swam in the race.
313. My boys competitive nature driving them to bike hard and run fast.
314. Hallie "living in the moment" and soaking it all in wherever and whatever she is doing. She rode her bike at her own pace and commented to me, "Mom, isn't this fun. Look at the blue sky!"







Second, I was surprised last Friday with a new car! I went to work in my old minivan that was making strange sounds and leaking power steering fluid. I told myself, "you can make this last until the end of the year," but was cringing every time I turned a corner and heard it make an awful sound. So, after work I walk out to get into my car and can't find it anywhere! I call Ryan and tell him that I think my car has been stolen (who would steal my old minivan with so many better options in the parking lot?!). He says, "Well, do you see any other cars you would want to drive home?" I was confused for a minute and then squealed, "did you get me a new car?" It was then that I saw Ryan and the kids in the back of the parking lot in this...


315. How Ryan loves to surprise me and the creative ways he expresses his love for me. The car is great, but his heart of love is priceless.
316. The seats in the van swivel and there is a table in the middle. I'm thankful for the sounds of belly laughs coming from the back seat as my kids play cards together.



Last, but not least, I ran in a half-marathon this past weekend in Lincoln, NE!

317. My new friend, Barbara, that ran with me.
318. The reward of the race after putting in the hard work of training over the last 10 weeks.
319. My husband and kids were there is cheer me on. Encouraging me with hugs, kisses and high fives.
320. Sore muscles...thank you Lord for this body that you have given me.



2 comments:

Jennifer C said...

Wow Katie!! What a week! LOVE your new van and love that your husband loves to surprise you...you deserve it! :)

Carrie said...

Great post!!!

I love how you describe Halle and her riding and looking at the sky. Again I really think she and Sophie are so similar. Precious!

I love the swim picture of the kids - too cute!

Wow! A new van! That is fabulous and such a wonderful surprise!!

Good for you running a 1/2 marathon. That's awesome!!