Friday, May 7, 2010

A mother's mind...

...has so many things going on at once! So this is a bit of where my mind has been this morning.

1. I think I need to institute a new culture of prayer with discipline at my house. My kids were picking at each other this morning and my response was to raise my voice and demand better behavior. Hmmm...don't think it's going to work. Our attitudes and behavior comes from the heart, so I am embarking on new endeavor. When we are fighting each other I want to draw our hearts together by uniting us with the peace of Christ through group prayer. I'll let you know how it goes.

2. Jake was off to Kindergarten round-up. Little lump in my throat, longing in my heart to keep him younng as he happily marched off to Mrs. Van Hove's classroom. So happy for him.

3. To do list...mail in payments, e-mail friends from church, get my mother's day gift done for my mom, update my goodreads.

4. Eat a donut and drink coffee while Jake's at school! Yummy!

5. Answer Sherilyn's questions...keeping things light.
1. Where are we going for summer vacation? Estes Park, Wyoming to see my sister!
2. Do I like reality TV? Kind of...we only watch Idol, but I do like to crtic the singers!
3. Have I seen the movie JAWS? No, only the scary scene.
4. Favorite DQ Blizzard? Cookie dough, of course. One a month this summer (maybe more).
5. Newest Fav song? Francesca Batistelli's album.

6. Figuring out what I am going to make for the cookout tonight with neighbors and when I'm going to make it.

8. Planning garden boxes that we will construct tomorrow for our summer vegetable and strawberry garden.

7. Taking Jacob to lunch after round-up then off to work at the clinic for the afternoon.

8. Remembering my kids sweet faces as they slept last night. So thankful they can sleep peacefully and in safety.

9. Thinking about how much a love this multi-tasking and being a wife and mother. Lord, thank you so, so, so much for these abundant gifts. Thank you for the gift of motherhood and the grace to see me through it all!

1 comments:

Sher said...

Thanks for playing! I love F.B. (can't spell her name) too. Can't believe our little guys are heading off to school next year.