Monday, May 17, 2010

What a weekend!

I had such a sweet and wonderful weekend. First off, Ryan and I celebrated 12 years of marriage! We both agreed that we are more in love now then on our wedding day and that we like ourselves better because of the other.



325. The shy, blushing feeling I get when Ryan looks right into my eyes and tells me he loves me.

326. Date night with Ryan for our anniversary. Laughing at the table together, holding hands as we walked to the movie, really talking.

327. Choosing to be healthy together. Running a 10K on our anniversary and talking, talking, talking the whole time. Matching shirts to run in because we are dorks!

328. The hope of many more years.

329. Ryan inviting me to pray together last night. Thanking God for being the center of us.

Part of the reason such a wonderful anniversary weekend was possible, was because my parents, sister and her kids were staying at my house this weekend watching our kids. On Saturday (before the date night) all the girls on my mom's side of the family got together to make GiGi's famous coffee cake and cinnamon rolls. While we were baking the boys were trimming, mowing, mulching etc...at home.



330. Two hours in the car talking to my sister, my friend.

331. Cousins playing together, enjoying each other.

332. My parents' generosity. They give and give and give and when you think there isn't any possible way to give anymore, they find a way to give again.

333. Jillian's squeal.

334. Tyler's red hair and the way he says, "Otay (Okay)." Makes me smile.

335. My grandma's hands kneading the dough. Passing on her gifts to my daughter.

336. A five, seven and a ninety-four year old laughing together.

337. The smell of fresh baked cinnamon rolls.





338. The beauty of a green, trimmed and mowed yard. Knowing the hard work and love that went into making it look that way.

And, then today the boys and I took a spontaneous trip to the zoo. They both wanted to dress like superheros and I saw no reason why they should not do just that!





339. Boys skipping at the zoo.

340. The smiles that my superheros brought to EVERY face as we walked around the zoo.

341. Holding their hands and seeing them hold hands and walk together.

342. The baby gorilla licking Zac's hand through the glass and Zac saying, "Ahh, the baby gorilla wants to be my friend."

And, last but not least we planted our garden tonight. Strawberries, tomoatoes, broccoli, sweet peas, zucchini and cucumbers.

343. Ryan's encouragement about my parenting. Little comments that let me know he appreciates and likes the things I do with the kids...zoo, gardening.

344. Hallie helping me pick out the garden plants and seeds. She is growing up, such a mature helper!

345. The kids almost fighting (but not, thank goodness) about who gets to water the seeds and push them into the ground. Simple pleasures!

3 comments:

Linds said...

I just love reading your thankful heart through your posts! Happy Anniversary. You are an awesome mommy too... I may need to bring my 5 over to hang out with you:)

Jennifer C said...

That picture of Zac and Jake melts my heart!! So precious!! You are a wonderful mommy, wife, and friend...love you!!

Carrie said...

Wonderful post! I love that you let the boys wear superhero costumes to the zoo! I am happy that you have the joy of watching the older generation with the younger one! Priceless! And Happy happy anniversary!!!