Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

This last week I was listening to the radio and heard about one woman's favorite mother in the Bible.  It wasn't Hannah or Mary or Elizabeth.  In fact she is not named.  I admire many mother's in the Bible but sometimes their lofty roles leave me wondering if I can relate and if my daily, motherly duties are as important.


The unnamed mother made her child lunch.  Hmmm, now that sounds familiar.  Making my family meals is certainly part of our daily routine.  

The unnamed mother knew her child would need some food to sustain him while he listened to Jesus all day long.  So, she packed some fish and bread for him.

Jesus, used that lunch to miraculously feed 5,000 people!  

What an encouragement to me.  Who knows how God will use the mundane, routine and predictable motherly acts that I perform each day for his glory!

I love being a mommy!  The indescribable and abundant love that fills my heart because I am blessed to have three dear children call me mommy is one of life's greatest joys.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommy's out there...now go make lunch!


1 comments:

Jennifer C said...

Happy Mother's day to you too...love the new blog look. Thanks for a new perspective on lunch making...I needed it!:) Miss you friend...