Monday, January 12, 2009

Spirit Challenge Week #1

I feel the need to start a Spirit Challenge for the next several weeks. As a Christ follower I desperately want my life to look and act like I love Him. God's Word is pretty clear about what that life looks like. It is full of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self control. So I am asking myself, as a mom, wife, neighbor, PA, shopper, driver, cook etc... what does that life practically look like.

If you are up for challenging yourself to pursue excellence in the Spirit filled life then let's start in reverse order with SELF-CONTROL. Here are some ideas of how I can be more self-controlled as I let the Spirit work in and through my life...

1. Don't grab two cookies! Limit my snacks and sweets to one each day.
2. Don't let myself become so easily angered and quick tempered with my children. Be quicker to give myself a time-out. No barking and yelling!
3. Limit my FB time to one 10 minute episode a day.
4. Excercise 4 times a week.
5. Stick with the budget so I don't overspend.
6. Drive the speed limit.

What other self-control ideas do you have? Who's on board with me??

3 comments:

Jody said...

De-lurking to say that I'm in!!! Especially the ones about the quick temper and the exercise. I hop over to your blog from Carey & Norman's and really appreciate it! My husband and I brought home two children (ages 2 & 3) from Vlad in July, 2008.
Jody

Carey and Norman said...

Yes, I need to join in as well. Speeding...hmm...do we really have to add that one? I really do need to try to be more patient and laugh more (not take life so seriously). Don't know if I can cut back to only one cookie though...maybe two :o) And, I'm just trying to get two days of exercise in at this point(plus some jumping on the trampoline with the kids). At least it is a start.......

Carey and Norman said...

I meant to add a Hi to Jody....we were in Vlad together during her 1st trip and our court trip. Great family and wonderful friend!