Monday, January 26, 2009

Week #3 Gentleness

Well, I didn't start the day off exuding gentleness so I'm hoping God gives me tomorrow to start this challenge over. I was a little less then welcoming when Zac came in at 6 am to snuggle.

I am excited for this week's challenge though because I've always desired to be more and more gentle with my tone of voice, actions, instruction to kids and the way that I love and respect my husband, parents and kids. One of my dear friends, Lindsey, has always been a woman that I dearly love and respect for the gentleness I see in her life. You can even sense it when you read her blog at: http://denneyfam.blogspot.com/. .

One of my favorite verses in the Bible that seems to be the antithesis of gentleness is, "A quarelsome wife is like a constant dripping faucet." Psalm 19:13

I picture a woman that gives endless advice and suggestion under the disguise of being helpful but really nags at her husband. I see her doing this with words but also body language and sighs of exasperation. I know I've done it and although it is not outwardly aggressive it certainly is not gentle. I can do, and have done, the same thing with co-workers, kids and my family. YUCK! I do not want to be remembered for this, but rather a gentle, giving spirit that reflects the forgiveness and grace of my Savior.

1 comments:

Jennifer C said...

I am right there with you on this one. Gentleness is something that I really desire and seriously lack with my kiddos. Lindsey is such a beautiful example of this! I'm up for the challenge this week.:)