Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update on I love you

The past few days Zac has been a little hard to handle (ie. "Zac, please use your quiet voice. Zac, please keep your hands to yourself. Zac, no running we need to walk. Zac, Zac, ZAC!). Despite his behavior he keeps on saying, "I love you, Mama." I am thankful for that, but I realize that along with saying I love you I want him to SHOW me he loves me by acting like it.

So, although I plan on continuing to tell Jesus I love him I need to make sure I am showing him I love him. Words without the action aren't very meaningful!

“If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.” 1 John 3.17-18


I have a missionary friend that knows what it means to show Jesus love. Her blog is so inspiring. Please check it out at: http://www.jessicanatebecker.blogspot.com/.

So, what does God's love look and act like for a mom, on a daily basis, in our house...definitely more grace, less anger, more time and undivided attention, gentleness in discipline, patience, keeping no record of wrongs in my head...you get the idea.




2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

I agree that our actions and attitude when times are hard tells our true character. How do we expect Jesus to love us when we do not show our love appropriately to others? Well said!!

Anonymous said...

I have been pondering James 2:26 lately and I think it goes along with what you're talking about here:

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead."

We have to show Him and we have to have our eyes open enough to be shown BY Him...He has opened my eyes to His love and I have been completely overwhelmed by the love I feel and see EVERYWHERE. It has taken my captive! But, just like you said, I can't just let that be the end - I know that He is letting me experience this so that I can pour love onto others that they too may feel His love.

It is such a beautiful thing!