Friday, January 2, 2009

Quiet Time Plus Something Extra

I have always valued my quiet times with God. Learning from His Word, Singing His Word and Reading from His Word ALWAYS centers me and makes me a better wife and mom. Well, lately I have found a new way of spending time with Him that is making me a better wife and mom.

I'm probably going to lose some of you in this next paragraph, but try and stick with me. Lately, I have been spending my quiet times with Him while I excercise. It happens about three times a week (I'm trying for four) and they are the best times for building up my mind, body and spirit.

If I am swimming (which I could not do at all about 3 months ago and now I love it thanks to my awesome husband) I will pray for someone each lap and thank Him for breath and life and just dwell on Jesus. If I am running or biking I will download a sermon or try and keep up the pace of the songs I have downloaded into Katie's Christian Workout playlist. As I cool down and stretch I listen to quiet, peaceful music.

Then, and this is one of the best parts...I get to shower and get ready in the locker room without anyone (kids) walking in on me, interupting me and prolonging the "getting ready" process.

I always, and I mean always, am more energized and ready to handle whatever comes my way after my time with God, and even more so after my excercising quiet times.

Did I convince anyone?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been asked by the Lord to spend my early mornings with Him and it blows my mind how amazing I feel after I spend time with Him...when I give Him the very first part of my day.

I find that when I get up early and spend time with Him, I find that same energy you describe and it just sets the pace for my entire day. What a sweet, sweet thing.