Monday, February 2, 2009

Goodness...Zac's Readoption...Bathtime

GOODNESS...

I want to start off with this week's Spirit Challenge. This week I will be focusing on goodness. One of the great things I have discovered about focusing on only one of the fruits of the Spirit each week is that it makes remembering and practicing it easier as I move on to the next fruit. Repetition is a powerful reminder.

So what does goodness look like in my life...First of all, I am reminded of how many times God works beautifully good things out of what I would call a disaster. One specific example is church. Ryan and I went through a very difficult church experience which left us both feeling pretty let down, confused and hurt. The situation seemed to consume most of my thoughts for a period of time. As we moved on to another church I longed to belong, receive teaching into a heart that was a bit hardened and find close friends. Well, God delivered. He not only blessed us with healing, and a release of bitterness and fear but also revealed to us His purposes in working good out of bad.

Two friends have committed their lives to Christ and one is finally finding some meaning and purpose to church. Each of them have connected with some aspect of StoneBridge Christian Church that I dare say would not have happened at any other church. The timing, our level of involvement, the preaching, the quality of the music and worship has all been key to God accomplishing His purposes in our life and the lives of those that are lost.

This is just one example of many I can think of about God's goodness. I want the goodness in my life to look like His. My desire is to find ways to show goodness and create good out of tough and trying times this week.

ZAC'S READOPTION






Today our family went down to the Court House for Zac's Readoption. He officially became our son and was adopted into our family on April 22, 2008 in a Russian Court. Today, he was given all the American rights of a child that would have been born to us naturally. The most surprising thing we learned is that he can now run for president of the US someday! We can also work on getting him a US birth certificate, passport and SS#. It was quick but very special. It was also a joy to have his grandparents, sister and brother share in this day.

BATHTIME...
...was a disaster! The boys have been reminded over and over again to keep the water in the tub. When I heard loud splashing sounds coming from the tub a ran in to find both boys flooding the bathroom floor by dumping cups, full of water out of the tub! They were laughing and having the time of their lives. Well, the laughter quickly subsided and they didn't even fight me when I said they both lost their books tonight. The silver lining...the bathroom floor is clean!

3 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Congratulations on Zac's readoption. Interesting that he could run for president...I thought you had to be born in the USA. Hmm. Learn something new everyday.

I laughed at the bath story. Too funny (probably not at the time).

Carrie said...

Congrats on Zac's readoption! You all look so happy. Love your new header - great picture!! Such a beautiful family.

Linds said...

congratulations on the readoption... how special to have everyone there too. I just have to laugh at the bathtime story b/c we have some monkeys that have done the same thing! Way to see the positive in it though! Hope you are doing well!