Sunday, February 15, 2009

My confident kid

Ryan and I took Hallie and Jacob to the slopes two days ago. They did a wonderful job and joined us on some green slopes in the afternoon! Ski school brought on lots of tears and Jacob said, "This is sooooo boring" so we pulled them out of ski school and had my cousin and her fiance, who are ski instructors at Breckenridge, finish the lesson with mom and dad there to assist. That went over a lot better and they ended up with smiles on their faces at the end of the day. They are even going to join us today for more skiiing! I will post pictures when we return to Omaha.

The best quote from the first day of skiing happened when we were waiting to start ski school. Ryan told Jacob he needed to listen and be tough because he was the youngest kid in ski school. Jacob replied very matter-of-factly, "Yeah, but I can do everything dad."

I just love his confidence!

2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Sounds like a fun trip...looking forward to seeing photos!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Jacob sounds just like my boys! They hated Ski School because they already knew everything and were bored. Yeah, right! The truth was they just want to be with Mom and Dad. Considering how expensive ski the school is, we didn't push it. But isn't it AMAZING how the little ones take to skiing so quickly?

After seeing your photos, I can't wait to get our guys back on the slopes in a few weeks!