Monday, February 9, 2009

Kindness

So, this week is about kindness. Showing kindness to my husband, kids, family, friends, neighbors, strangers and enemies. This week is about letting kindness overflow in my life so that others see Jesus in me. My desire is to make acts of kindness a reflection of the thoughts of kindness and care that are swirling abound in me head. Let me explain...

This morning while getting ready at lifetime fitness I overhear a conversation between two women. They are bad mouthing another women and immediately my mind judged them and accused them. The Lord quickly reminded me that, "she who is without sin can cast the first stone." I'm sitting there making no eye contact, not offering any amount of kindness, not even in the form of a smile and I'm judging them for their gossip and judgement of another. Not exactly, bearing fruit of the Spirit.

My conclusion is that...1. Kindness is easy to give out to those that give it to us and much harder to give out to those we don't know or seem to like and...2. Genuine kindness starts in out mind, with our thoughts.

Jesus, renew my mind every day. Help me to think kind thoughts and let that genuine kindness pour out into my actions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so good. I love your thouoghts on kindness and agree 100%. Thanks for sharing. And I will tell Stacy hi!! I don't talk to her as much as I used to- I think she is busy with work and Tessa being in school!!! Carrie

Carey and Norman said...

Good point on kindness and I agree that it is much easier to be kind to those who are kind to us (or others) first. We cannot judge, but we must ourselves show God's love even to those who are being unkind!