Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm a Mommy

A few days ago I came downstairs in the morning to find a house that was not at all clean. There was evidence that our family had tried to tidy up the night before but had been busy getting three little ones bathed, read to and snuggled with instead. As I looked at the house the Lord touched my heart with joy. I smiled as I looked around and saw evidence all over the place that I was a mommy of three amazing, young children. I will not always have a house filled with the sights and sounds of children and so I rejoice that today I do. Here is some of what I found...

Piano Music and a homemade calendar to record days of practice with puppy stickers
Pictures of my three little ones and a homemade Easter decoration.
A pile of shoes by the back door reminding me of all the fun they had playing outside.
The stool by the sink in our guest bathroom where little hands washed before dinner. I didn't take a picture of the toilet that wasn't flushed!
Fingerprints all over my walls!

3 comments:

Sher said...

Good perspective Katie and thanks for not showing us the toilet. I get enough shots of that in my own house!!

Anonymous said...

Wait...are you trying to tell me that I'm not doing enough around your house?

Haha!

Carey and Norman said...

Very sweet! It is the little things that we will appreciate as we get older and not the mess we must ignore to keep our sanity!