Thursday, March 12, 2009

Strawberries

Two nights ago we had strawberries with dinner. Yum! We had not eaten strawberries in a while.

Zac says to me, "Mommy, my strawberry has hair on it!"

Busy attending to everyone's dinner time needs I replied, "Ooo, yuck. Take it off your strawberry." A minute later, when I sat down I looked over to see Zac very intently pulling every seed off of his strawberries!

"Oh, honey. That's not hair, those are seeds. See it is ok to eat them," and I popped one in my mouth.

He looked at me as if I was pretty disgusting then, assuming I am not crazy tentatively tries one himself.

"Hey, mommy. These strawberries are good!"

Sometimes I forget at less than a year ago Zac came into our family and is still learning things about the American culture, the foods we eat, what words mean in English and how we function as a family. He is an amazing and highly adaptable, trusting child!

2 comments:

Jennifer C said...

That is so cute! Strawberries are one of Tucker's food groups. He seriously eats them EVERYDAY!:)

Carey and Norman said...

Cute story!