Thursday, March 5, 2009

Should I be concerned?

Last night Hallie wanted to play Barbies. I actually like playing with Barbies or dolls cause I still think it is fun to brush their hair and change their clothes...

Anyway...she often has little conversations between the Barbie and last night this is what I overheard...tell me if you think I should worry? :)

Ken says, "Hi, do you want to go on a date?"

"Yes!" says the girl Barbie, Theresa, as she puts her head on Ken's chest.

"Let's get married next week!" says Theresa with enthusiasm.

"OK, now let's go on our date. We can go walking and look at the moon. Isn't that romantic?" says Ken

The week passes quickly and it is Wednesday, the Wedding Day! They get married and kiss, of course, then head off to a party. The whole time Theresa is snuggled up into Ken's arms. At the party a very pretty girl walks in with an elegant, yellow dress. Ken abandons his new bride, who falls to the floor and says to the new girl, "You look beautiful!"

So, here is my over-analysis...

She knows that you date first, then get married...Good
She is a romantic at heart...Sweet
She likes fashion and elegance...OK
She thinks that beauty is more important than commitment...Bad
Someone at school is talking about boys...Hmmm?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahahaha oh man that's awesome. i wouldn't be too concerned yet...i could tell you the story lines of my barbies but i won't. at least not over a blog. ha. :)

super fun day with the kids today!!!

Carey and Norman said...

I am not ready for this phase yet. Dating and talking about marriage....not until our daughter is 18...more like 28!

Carrie said...

Good grief!! I do not want to think about this yet! I know it is coming. Ugh!

Jennifer C said...

Tried to comment on this right after you posted, but for some reason it wouldn't let me comment. It is crazy how early they learn and are interested in these types of things. I just feel very strongly that we need to encourage the "little girl" things a little while longer. Why complicate their lives with all this other stuff. I have an idea brewing in my head of "writing" a curriculum for Mackenzie and I to go through that talks about some of the women in the Bible and the Godly character traits they exhibit. I'll let you know if it goes any further than a thought.:) I miss you friend! Love you!!