Sunday, December 21, 2008

Abiding in Him

Can I just tell you all how much I love Jesus! The last few days have been so sweet with Him. Let me tell you why...

I have had something in my life that I have been praying for so much and I have just not seen the answers coming. So, I stumbled (ha!) on to a sermon series by Beth Moore on-line about how to have a powerful prayer life. She was referencing John 15 and talking about how He will answer our prayers, but our job is to abide in and with him. My question immediately was, so what does it look like to abide with Him? She talked about how sometimes a pet will just sit on your lap, your not necessarily interacting, but there is a constant awareness of the pet's presence and vice versa. When the owner is ready to get up and go for a walk the pet is ready to go to. Well, even though I am not an animal lover that picture worked for me.

So, I asked God to help me be more always aware of His presence. WOW! Does that make all the difference in the world! Immediately, I was more open to His plan than mine and within a half hour I was sitting at lunch with an aquaintance discussing her relationship with God.

This weekend has been full of joy and answered prayer (which is promised in John 15). Our family was able to celebrate helping some people this weekend that were in need, AND I began to see an answer to my biggest prayer request of all.

Last night, I should have been exhausted, but God had other plans. He kept me alert and awake and instead of going through the motions of my day with no regard for His presence and guiding, I woke up and ended up having a very significant conversation with someone I hold so dear. What did we talk about? Jesus.

Life is fuller, more joyful and less disappointing when I abide in and with Jesus. That's the whole reason he came to the earth. Thank you, Jesus for the gift of more of you this Christmas. I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am finding more and more how much of a difference there is when I simply ASK Him.

I think all too often I get frustrated because I think He's not moving, but, really, if I would just ask Him, He would be faithful in answering.

The next part of this (that I am not so great at) is knowing that while He is faithful to answer, His answers may not line up with our expectations...and that's hard too!

Thank you for your encouraging words, Katie! You are such a blessing in my life!

Carey and Norman said...

I enjoyed your post. I agree that we must seek Him first and not be afraid to ASK. It is when his answers are not ours or we are asked to wait that we (I) question his plans.

So glad to have a fellow Christian to help encourage us in our daily walk.