Monday, December 22, 2008

No Wasted Moments

Tonight Hallie and I headed off to a Daisies Gingerbread House display in the snow. I had the truck so I figured the snow wouldn't be a problem. I got the directions and we were off to 30th and State Street (really far away from our house). When I realized I was on the complete wrong side of town and traffic was not moving, I got frustrated! After calling for new directions I finally realized that Hallie and I were not going to make it to see her Daisy friends or the Gingerbread houses.

In all this, my sweet daughter remained calm and accepted the disappointment very well. I, on the other hand, could feel my body temperature rising and my attitude quickly declining.

That's when I felt a little nudge from the Spirit. I told Hallie, "Mommy, really needs some patience right now." She responded with a cheerful rendition of our patience song...

"Have patience, Have patience. Don't be in such a hurry. When you get impatient you only start to worry. Remember, Remember, that God is patient too and think of all the others that have to wait for you!"

This brought a smile to my face and an idea to my head. We spent the next forty five minutes in the truck singing and reciting all the bible verses we knew together. We laughed and when we finally arrived at Grammy's house (we needed some place fun to go) Hallie said, "that was fun, Mom!" Can you believe it! An hour and a half car ride to no where and I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

I am so thankful for my daughter's patient disposition, go-with-the-flow attitude, her singing voice and tender heart. I am thankful that God can turn anything to good!

1 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Just perfect. Our children humble us and make us realize what is most important!!

Merry Christmas!